An individual may file a motion to enforce a prior court order when the other party to the lawsuit is not complying with the terms of the order.  Certain time limitations apply to enforcement actions. 

The court that rendered the decree of divorce retains the power to enforce the property division. The court may not amend, modify, alter, or change the division of property however. Although technically not an “enforcement” action, community property not divided by the final decree of divorce, whether listed on an inventory or not, is subject to post-divorce division.

The court that rendered the divorce retains the power to enforce its orders related to the child too.  Child-related actions include enforcement of conservatorship, child support, and possession of or access to a child.

Enforcement options for spousal maintenance or alimony differ depending on whether the spousal support was court ordered or contractual.